Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Effect on Job

Positive.

That is the one word I can use to describe the effect of taking the graduate class on my job.

I learned many things by taking the class which are directly relevant to my job, not only as a teacher but also as an administrator.

During the first few weeks of the class, I was overwhelmed with the number of new technology skills which I had to learn. I had to learn how to create a blog (not that difficult until I knew what all the tabs were for) and streaming video. It was certainly fun and I wouldn't have taken the time to learn it otherwise. Each time that I learned something new for class, I immediately started thinking about how it would benefit my teaching, how I could apply that in my classes.

The two projects which I worked on for class will also benefit the campus. I'm not sure that either of them will ever get funded but I have people already excited about implementing certain components of each project on a small scale. I will attempt to get at least one of them submitted (at least so that we can get the comments back from FIPSE) and we, more than likely will not get one accepted right away, but then we can work on it and resubmit it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free JavaScripts provided
by The JavaScript Source